Friday, February 1, 2008

Writing experience

About my writing experience....
It is very difficult for me to say. I remember that I write the first paragraph when I was grade 1. Maybe many people will not believe but it is true. Every grade 1 student in Hong Kong that time needed to start writing paragraph. And we keep practise this skill for three years. I write my first essay when I was grade 5. Although it was very simple, all are simple sentences and easy vocabulary, it is still my first essay.
Then when I am in higher level, I keep writing essay. When I was grade 10, I needed to write 400 words essay. At that time, I never wrote an outline and free-writing, I just write directly.
Then when I start studying in EAP, I learned how to plan to write an essay. It was so difficult for me at that time because I never try outline before! Slowly, I follow the structure that was given by the instructor. I finally knew how to create an easy essay.
So my experience in writing is to write directly and make it as a free-writing, then organise a little bit. Then that is an essay. Also in the essay, never use some skills that you are not comfortable because they will make your eassy get worse. Using connective words to connect two paragraphs. It is very important because reader can easily follow what you are talking about.
This is my writing experience and I know it is kind of boring = .=.....

5 comments:

David Sun said...

practice makes perfect
i know your essay is really good, however, it should be improved further~
maybe later you will be a good essay player~

Nahid said...

Keep writing! Yeah! that's the best result, despite of other's editing!
;)

Have a GREAT weekend.

We will,we will rock U!! said...

Was that essay u mentioned in Chinese? Or English? I just know that when I was in junior high school, I began to write ancient Chinese essays. But that was just a practice and for fun.

Jack said...

I know the Chinese education exactly!!!
Maybe the way is good for you ~~~

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like you have a good system. I wasn't bored at all!